True Silent Install Questions

eddie11013

I'm new at this. I was able to create an nlite unattended install and it worked great. I created a slipstreamed CD with xp pro + Hot Fixes + 15 add-on's + tweaks etc. Just wanting to learn a little more for next time. So I'm looking for a little assistance. I actually have two questions. First question, I have two programs that I would like to create add on’s for. I used the ‘cmenu’ program and it told me that they were using ‘Wise’ installers which require a Setup.exe /S switch. I used the ‘nlite addon maker’ and created the addons. My question is that when I used them in the virtual pc, it went to install them, but it asked to click next, next, etc. Not what I would call a true ‘silent’ install. Is there another command that I can include that will truly make it a silent install. Like “Setup.exe /S /whatever.

Second question. I have read on this forum that you can only integrate ‘drivers’ if they have an ‘.inf’ file in them. Well, I have a ‘system-intel’ driver and a ‘audio’ driver and they don’t have an ‘.inf’ file in them. Can I use the nlite add on maker and add them as add on’s to the hot fixes folder? They are both ‘install shield’ . When I ran the ‘Cmenu’ program it suggested the following: To silently install, use: setup.exe /s /v"/qn"

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

Just an update: I was using the nlite add on maker incorrectly. All you needed to do was put your "exe" in a separate folder, find your 'silent install switch', start nlite add on maker, point to your 'exe', insert switch and away you go. Works great.

Regarding driver integration, using the 'driver tab' on nlite and pointing to your drivers, that contain an 'inf' file, and then 'inserting the 'inf' files, is all you need to do and they will install correctly.

That's it. The end.

Eddie

Edited by eddie11013