What is wrong with my network... any idea?

Nepsyde

ok i go to uni and use uni internet etc.... we all are networked together etc... from each of our room to the uni. Now i made a nlite cd cuz i just wanted to remove few thing so i did but now when i try and connect to my mshome (main network name) ... its coming with error : "Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permisson to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to findif you have access permissions. The network path was not found." i can connect to internet etc with the network just not share or view the groups at all....

any ideas please help

cheers....

my session at the bottom hopefully

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by Nepsyde

You did disable simple file sharing and a bunch of other network things. I'm not a huge network geek, but I'd assume that simple file sharing be removed could be your problem. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

How many people on your network? You can use Hamachi for free up to 16 users. It's like having a LAN but you can do it over the net.

Hmmm. this can get tricky, but first make sure the workgroup/domain name on your machine is "mshome", then you must have a login user/password or you won't be able to connect - this is a security thing which came in with SP1 I think. Then you need to have something shared, a folder or something and you need to give permission. the whole network thing is layered and there are differences between different versions that are subtle and annoying. The permission structure is different for German Windows than for English Windows. When I've had to work where both are on a network, things can get pretty squirrly!

Good luck with it.