Virus In C:\windows, Wont Let Me Fix

AstroFan

Because there were none of the changes in the registry that Symantec said there would be, does that mean there is no threat? It says the threat is low, but if somebody has access to all of my files, then I would think that would be pretty serious. I used www.trojanscan.com and nothing showed up as being infected, yet Norton still says I have a virus. I now have Kerio Firewall running while Im scanning with "The Cleaner". Hopfully it doesnt close out of nowhere like it did yesterday.

Should I be really worried about this? I find it kind of scary that somebody could be watching my every move on my computer.

I left my computer for about 3 minutes, and when I came back, all my security products had been closed. Norton, Kerio, The Cleaner, ect. Now what :)

On a different site I saw a post and some people were complaining about some of the same things Im going through, with the instructions on Symantec not working. Is this something that I just have to wait for to fix?

I know I asked this earlier, but am I overreacting if Im really worried about this?

I downloaded the zap program, and I dont seem to be doing it right. I type in the name of the infected file, and a window pops up asking what I want to open it with. I apologize for responding to this so much, Im just not sure what to do.

EDIT: For some reason, evidently the infected file was copied to a different part of my computer but the copy was not infected. I dont know how to use this to get to the infected file, because it starts in documents and settings>(my user name), but the infected file is in the Windows folder that is before documents and settings.

• 6 months later...