Nvidia system tray icon

badteddy

hi everybody! :hello:

i've just installed windows vista (32bit) version and i noticed i have been having a problem trying to get my nvidia icon on my system tray to at least appear.. i have tried looking everywhere.. and no one seems to have an answer. after i installed my drivers with nvidia's installation..usually it places a system tray icon so i can access its other settings. this time however it shows that windows defender pops up and says it denied access for it or something of the sort.. what i want to know is, has anyone else been receiving this issue? i tried looking all over google, and even messing around with all the settings here.. (almost) im going to continue to get it back up.. i have no idea what else to do.. any advice is appreciated.

i noticed i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.. that vista tries to install it's own nvidia drivers... and i just read this from nvidia's website:

Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

The Nvidia drivers are still in the beta stage, so at this point there is NO tray icon. Perhaps in the future as the drivers move into their final phase the tray icon will pop back up, but dont expect it any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

..unless you're on about the nvmixer icon

Default, this won't install under Vista

Run it in compatibility mode for XP tho, and nvmixer runs fine :)

If nvmixer didn't work in Vista, I'd honestly be back to XP

• 1 year later...