nLite and integrated programs...

Robajz

Hi all,

i have a Problem with integrated software in nLite's ISO image. I made unattended install from WXP-SP2, with integrated hotfixes (to March 07), drivers and some programs (NOD32, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Open Office Org., etc.). But what happened - any from programs was installed and i don't know, what is wrong.

All of the programs have i tried, in win-cmd (silent install), it went without any mistake.

Can anyone give me an advice?

Thank you VM! :-)

But what happened - any from programs was installed and i don't know, what is wrong.

I don't understand this sentence and it looks like you're describing what's wrong. What are you saying is happening?

But what happened - any from programs was installed and i don't know, what is wrong.

I don't understand this sentence and it looks like you're describing what's wrong. What are you saying is happening?

I try to say - the programs, which are integrated in my nLite-ISO-image doesn't work. I used nLite Addon Maker to integrate it, but where is a mistake?

From what I can understand here, you tried to nLite to integrate a number of programs into your install disk. nLite is great for integrating service packs, hotfixes, and some drivers and tweaks into the install media, but it is not set up to generally integrate regular programs. That is why there is an unattended guide here and a forum!!

In general, the programs are installed AFTER the OS is installed and that can occur in several ways depending on the method you choose. These are indicated in the Unattended Guide. I've tried most of them and they have all worked, but they do require various levels of effort to make them work. Not every program has a "silent" switch" for example, so you may have to take another approach, and those that do have silent switches don't all have the same ones. The forum here is a great place to search for information on programs that are giving you trouble or to ask questions.

to sum up. From what I can see your programs won't "integrate" with nLite because that's not what it is for (except for things like WMP). You need to use a specific method to do this like the "Run Once" method or the Windows Post Installer method created by a genius here on MSFN.

Hope this helps.

to install applications, it is suggested to do after windows gets fully installed and logged in, so that proper user settings and registry entries could be created. i dont know how nlite handles these things, but i use RunOnceEx method to install basic applications and have compiled a second cd for installing more apps using WPI. I do use nlite to integrate hotfixes and remove some compos.