Help in burning CDImage to a DVD

Sorry if this has been answered before, but search couldn't get me to what I needed.

First, I just finished creating my slipstream Cd with SP2 installed only(Windows pro installed from my slipstreamed CD just fine on a single hard drive).

Now I am slipstreaming RAID drivers as my spare computer has no floppy and I don't feel like removing one from one of my other computers.

I just finished installing my drivers into my slipstreamed CD using Driverpacks and creating the ISO with CDImage. I now need to burn it to DVD as I'm out of CDs. I fired up Nero as I figured it would just burn the image to DVD, but it says it won't burn the image to anything other than a CD. and yes I'm in the DVD section of nero.

I thought all images were able to be burned to any media as long as there's enough room on the media? do I need a DVD Image maker?

any help on working around this?

In SmartStart, go to Backup section and click "Burn Image to Disc" this is in the DVD section and the cd section

I have already done that as stated above. It doesn't allow me to select a dvd. all the drives say they are cd only with no DVD options anywhere. when I try to burn it anyway, it says,"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written to this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make it compatible with the current disc."

This makes me think I need a dvdimage program with dvd options? maybe the image for DVDs are different than CD images?

anyway, this is driving me crazy. I have been searching everywhere and have not really come up with anything that seems to work.

cdimage is a cd and dvd image creator, to verify this type

cdimage

at command prompt. The only other problem would be that you dont have a dvd burner. If the burner is cd only then nero wont allow you to have an image larger than a cd can hold.

Don't know if this will help you, but I have just had a similar problem. Tried to burn a 1.3GB Image to a DVD but the burn process just failed, found that the problem was the media, a TDK DVD-R changed to a Verbatim DVD-R and the burning was OK. :thumbup

I have a Lite-On DVD Burner with lightscribe and it came with nero in the box. I have burned many DVD's already(Verbatim and spin-x), but this is the first ISO image I have tried with it. Whenever I select the iso, it automatically switches to cd mode and claims it is the iso image that wants a CD and wont allow me to select a dvd mode. maybe it is an issue with nero? but I bought a 25-pack of HP lightscribe CDs and it burned ok. (but the windows didn't take with the driverpacks and my raid drivers, guess I'll try again)

Thanks for the help all.