Install stuck on virtual machines

I am testing an unattended XP install with slipstreamed service packs and updates/patches/hotfixes. I have used both Virtual PC and VirtualBox to test my ISO but I run into the same error with both. The virtual machine boots my ISO and I get to the text portion of setup. Then I get the "Setup is starting Windows" message an things stop. I tried changing the ACPI settings on the VirtualBox machine and setup got stuck loading the NTFS file system.

In the past I have had to switch my monitor's input from DVI to VGA after the "Setup is starting Windows" part of setup, but I'm not sure how this translates to the virtual machines. My winnt.sif specifies a res. of 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, my monitor's native res.

I am wondering if these problems are due to settings in the virtual machines or in my setup.

I will try rebuilding the setup & ISO but hopefully can get some advice in the meantime.

Thanks.

hi ferny! i suppose this is not caused by resolution settings ... for me the usual causes of lock-ups are:

(1) bad iso which is usually caused by bad source

(2) .cat files not deleted (this makes T-39 installation REALLY crawl :)

(3) SFC enabled

(4) too much or incompatible addons

(5) unsupported/duplicate hotfixes

of course there are others still but i'm just sharing my pains to you so some of it may not happen to you ...

@ NaDer_GenKO: coincidentally i also left out the IE7 update this time. i had a feeling it might have been causing some trouble.

but i also didn't check the option for MassStorage drivers during textmode in Bashrat's DP and the setup is working in the virtual machine. however, i am not sure if that is the same thing i would do for my real setup as i would need to have the drivers for my SATA controller.

any ideas?

thanks.