Tools and addons

onigiriking

Ok, so I've successfully installed Win XP PRO x64 edition, with SP2 slipstreamed into it.

But after i saw of setup of folders: default -> Program Files (x86) and Program Files i went like....

And then the window popped up: I need to activate windows over the net..

And since I'm in a place were internet is like trying to find water in the Sahara (j/k) I cannot register over the net. Luckily i do have this 32-bit based PC (CPU), which is my main, and hopping on the net is like piece of cake.

Anyways what i need to know is if it's possible to slipstream or "add" programs that doesn't use the register when being installed (copied over to the specified folder), for example media player classic or stuff from Nirisoft. And if so, i do wonder what the .ini file's setup should look like. For example i would want em or it to make an folder found at the start meny, and also copy the files to the default: program file's <- folder.

I also wonder if when i add .net framework 2/3, should i also add 1.1? Or does the later updates contain the older ones to?

I also have 2 more things which i need to confirm. If i would like to install codecs (i.e decoders) and (if possible), for example the ffdshow package. How would the setup or install process look for that one? I mean there's a bunch of stuff that you need to choose, and unless you pick everything or nothing at all, how would the setup (if hidden) look like then? And 2nd, is there an easy way to make add-ons for the nLite GUi? I checked up some tips and tried some guides, but ended up with nothing.

Many thanks for this lovely tool :D

Btw, the 32-bit XP version is a Pro with an slipstreamed SP2 and hotfixes til Jan 2007, which i plan to remake.

update: typos*

Edited by onigiriking

Anyways what i need to know is if it's possible to slipstream or "add" programs that doesn't use the register when being installed

YES - if they come with an installer find that installers unatende switch .... of no installer just copy it to where-ever you like ...

!!! but keep in mind that xp64 has TWO programfiles dirs and also 2 system'32' dirs if im not mistaking... for 64bit and 32bit apps each thair own...

For example i would want em or it to make an folder found at the start meny, and also copy the files to the default: program file's <- folder.

OK Did you ever hear about the use of shortcuts - if you want anny aplication to bhe avail in the <start menu> use sortcuts to the app in its programfiles dir... (note that 32bit apps should be in c:/program files32 / and 64bit in c:/program files/

I also wonder if when i add .net framework 2/3, should i also add 1.1? Or does the later updates contain the older ones to?

NET is not cumulative you wil need all 3 versions of the dotnet env. if you need ...

net 1 apps wil not run on the net2 framework....

for the last 2 also check this posts

Thanks buddy, this helped me alot.

And for my 2 last questions that i have:

If i would like to add say Media Player Classic (mplayerc.exe) to, for example:

C:\Program Files\MPC

I don't want any shortcut on the desktop, nor have it copied over there.

How should the code look like for the command line if I use the SVCPACK way, The .ini file in other words?

I also wonder what i should add in order for some tools from Nirisoft to show up on the Start meny ->

The shortcuts that are found here: "C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Start Menu\Programs" for example.

And also copy the folder containing theys apps to C:\Program Files\Nirisoft

I know that i can do this via the $OEM$ way, but since i heard that you can do this with the SVCPACK also....

Some guidelines would be great :hello: