nlite, msfn guide, virtual machines, scripts

No problem and no need to apologize, everyone is a beginner at some point.

Posting the solutions/answers/discoveries to your questions in the thread is ok and should be done (as you did with the link about setting the pagefile), it may help others.

You cannot delete posts, only the moderators can.

-You don't need "dotnetfx" if you install .Net 2.0 (there are a few ways to do it).

-You don't need IIS.

About the script you requested:

You probably want list view instead of details.

I know it can be set in the registry, I did it but it was very long time ago and at this very moment I don't remember exactly where. I've got it somewhere in my reg-file (approx 5000 lines).

As always on forums, don't expect others to just give you all the answers!

The info is out there, you just have to find it; search, search and search some more until you finally find it (you may not find it today or tomorrow, or even this week if you're unlucky and/or don't search for the right things in the right way).

I know, I've spent countless hours searching for info on different parts of my own special unattended setup.

In some cases it's easy to find the info and it's available on many sites, in rare cases it's only mentioned on one single site which may be very difficult to find.

What I'm saying is not meant to be rude or anything, I'm just stating the facts and the hard truth.

Well, no I meant details view. No clues for that at the moment.

I understand what you mean; but the truth is that I'm doing lots of searches! And sometimes I get good results.

If the things are however too specific or difficult to search.. I write a question here!

You helped me much already, I'm not asking all the questions to you" :P

I write and see if anyone knows an answer or has the same problem

Anyway thanks again

-----

Here's one problem about visual basic:

Dim newpath1

Set newpath1 = "\Programs\Accessories\System Tools"

I get a string error. Adding "as string" gives me another error: Expected end of statement

Why that..

I know that you meant details view, but since list view in much more practical in those dialog boxes (you see more files at the same time) I thought you might rather want that instead.

You did indeed ask the questions to all members, and I was just stating the general forum opinions on the importance of searching before posting. But of course you can ask questions, the forums are a place to exchange information and knowledge.

I unfortunately don't know much about VB.

Good luck!

As usual in these cases, the solution was **** simple.. I had to remove the "Set" command.

Lots of searches with no clue.. I just tried it :wacko:

---------------------

Other problems:

- I cannot access the console and repair settings from the nlited cd. I didn't see an option to remove them, so where are them? SOLVED: "manual install and upgrade" nlite option.

- I didn't manage to remove autologon: i set the option to 0 but it's always there. Seems that windows doesn't care if I add an user password during setup.. :blink:installed only one user with autologon=1

- VMware has some problems with unattended nvidia nforce mobo drivers. Do you know a solution to record the setup settings for silent installation?

Little things:

- in which file the restart icon is located? (it's not in the shell32.dll)

- do you know what file launches the language bar? I'd like to use a link and not a bar C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe. Opens the bar however

Edited by phaolo