Unable to join domain

I'm having problems getting my unattended install script (autounattend.xml) to prompt me to join our domain. I have been trying for a couple of weeks now but I haven't had any luck yet.

Here is a brief description of what has been performed with the results:

- Once Windows is up and running I can manually go and join our domain.

- Checking the C:\Windows\Panther\UnattendGC\setuperr.txt file provides me with the following error:

[unattendjoin.exe] Unattend Join: Netjoindomain failed error code is [1355]

After searching the net I found out that Error 1355 indicates that the setup cannot find our domain. How can this be? If I can manually connect to our domain using the GIU, then how come the setup cannot find it? I can successfully "ping" our domain name.

- I have tried using the name of our domain with and without the .com extension. No luck either way

- The machine is obtaining a DHCP lease, which tells me that the network card is working just fine.

Does anyone have any further suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

You need to create a Local Account with the rights of Local Admin, Power User & User in your unattended.xml file. During the unattended installation, it uses this account to do the domain join, plus if the domain join doesn't work it has an account to fall back on.