**** nLite, what happen to the "search results" tool?

zannad

I've just finished my unattended CD but I'm starting to regret the time spent gathering all updates and addons and tuning in everything finely to then discover many issues which are the result of installing and tweaking everything at once.

One example which is buggering me now is that Search Results is working in a very odd way.

I've done a search for "oleout.dll" file and found it right (it took 20 seconds).

Then I've started another search for "oleout32.dll" and the search lasted only a fraction of a second saying that no such item existed.

I've found it a bit odd that the second search took so little time.

Decided to have another try finding again "oleout.dll" and Search Results didn't found it!!! (that same file was found in an earlier attempt).

It seems that Search Results only works once and then gives up quickly saying there is nothing there??

Furthermore, during the first search (the only good one), I've noticed that the search keeps switching from Program Files to Windows and viceversa...this also seems rather odd; I've noticed that after a normal install (without nLite), the search goes logically from one directory to the next (it never goes back and forward).

The lot sounds really odd and messy and I think it has to do with the missing Search Assistant/Indexing Services.

Anyone out there can explain what's going on?