DVD Boot CD compress to CD boot cd

yezeiyashein

irritated post ^^

@yezeiyashein: Excuse-me but I MUST say, are you n00b ? Have you read a bit what is "optimization" of an ISO file ?

This "optimization" present in many programs (like UltraISO, CDIMAGE ..) doesn't compress anything, it will

put once a file which is present many times, so these programs can put 4800Mb on 480Mb if the 4800Mb contains 10 times the same 480mb data.

(btw, sorry for my language ...)

can i use ultraiso or cdimage to make 900 mb of my xp distribution to fit in a cd? mine has lots of extras like lots of wallpapers, themes, svcpack folder full of hotfixes, vista look, driverpacks etc etc (but no applications anyway, i have them in another cd). i desperately wanted this to make a full manual installation of xp. rightnow im using nlite to remove some compos and integrate hotfixes so im reducing the size to fit in a cd.

Ok what cdimage does is make sure only one copy of each file is written to the disk. With 8 versions of XP you have 8 identical versions of most of the files. Hence the large file size. I have a couple of 9 & 10 in one cd's that gross at ove 2 & 1/2 gigs when copied to the harddrive however after using cdimage it all fits onto one cd.