nhelper problem

kepademus

• 1 month later...

I've also countered this problem by putting nhelper.exe in system32, however... the program is called at every start-up, and I cannot find it *anywhere* in the registry, or any references to it in start-up files, etc.

The installation with this error is from a CD made with nLite from an already nLite'd CD - I had to add my SATA drivers to the slipstream install to get it to work on my new laptop.

It doesn't really bug me, it's just that I don't use the welcome screen (I don't want the power options appearing) and the console pops up on boot while executing nhelper.exe.

Anyone know *why* this program is executed, and what tells it to?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I've been re-nliting the same directory for quite some time now, and suddenly I'm getting this error. What is the fix? The error is occuring during the component registration portion of XP's setup. I hit ok, it comes back, I hit ok again, and it's solved but it's causing a hiccup in my process and I can't have that.

Looking thru my changes I'd like to know what this file is? In Root\I386\NLITE.IN_

This file is what seems to be different since the error, the file size in my latest one is doubled, but older versions the file is smaller. I cannot read the files contents and would like to... NUHI, any help please?

Ok, so I expanded the nlite.in_ both good and bad, and the difference is this:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlite_post_s05",0x00020000,"nhelper moveex ""%17%\syssbck.dll"" ""%11%\syssetup.dll"""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlite_post_s07",0x00020000,"nhelper delete ""%11%\nhelper.exe"""

So, I expanded the nhelper.ex_ and placed in multiple locations within my install media. I'll report back if it works or not. If not... I don't know why nlite is suddenly doing this with my installation when it wasn't doing it originally. Nothing significant has been added to warrant this. Moreover, I don't know what that renamed/moved .DLL is doing or not doing in the first place.

Ok, so we're all set I copied the expanded nhelper.exe into the following locations in my ISO:

.\I386

.\I386\SYSTEM32

.\I386\$OEM$\$$\System32

And I no longer get an error during the XP setup.

So, if you get nhelper errors, expand the nhelper.ex_ file and copy it to those locations within your media, re-save your ISO and you're all set.

To expand the .ex_ file go to a command prompt in your I386 directory and type:

expand nhelper.ex_ nhelper.exe

Edited by GTOOOOOH

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I've the same problem, I fix this problem so easy you can search the file nhelper.exe in google or in other Windows xp installed, in the xp nlite folder into i386 folder (example c:\xplite\i386) you can find NHELPER.EX_

only delete this file and remplace this file for the nhelper.exe, rename as nhelper.ex_

In spanish :thumbup

hola, he tenido el mismo problema, yo lo arregle muy facil solo se debe buscar el archivo nhelper.exe en google o en otra insttalacion de windows, y en la carpeta que usa nlite para colocar el windows xp dentro de la carpeta i386 (por ejemplo c:\xpcd\i386) se encuentra el archivo NHELPER.EX_

solo se debe borrar este archivo y reemplazar con el .exe renombrandolo como nhelper.ex_

B)

this is the file nhelper.exe, you can download this file

http://rapidshare.com/files/22559683/nhelper.rar.html

este es el archivo nhelper.exe, de aca se puede bajar

nhelper.exe

Edited by JJARP

• 4 weeks later...
I've also countered this problem by putting nhelper.exe in system32, however... the program is called at every start-up, and I cannot find it *anywhere* in the registry, or any references to it in start-up files, etc.

The installation with this error is from a CD made with nLite from an already nLite'd CD - I had to add my SATA drivers to the slipstream install to get it to work on my new laptop.

It doesn't really bug me, it's just that I don't use the welcome screen (I don't want the power options appearing) and the console pops up on boot while executing nhelper.exe.

Anyone know *why* this program is executed, and what tells it to?

I have found a way to disable it without the nlite.exe file. It's a somowhat painful process, but here goes: I searched the registry for "nhelper" and deleted every result which had nlite writen on, I searched for "runonce" and again deleted whatever nlite entries that were found. After a few reboots(one or two) the problem disappears... :thumbup

This is only useful for those who don't want to have to put that executable in the "System32" folder and have it running at every system startup :sneaky:

This is my first post :hello:

• 2 weeks later...

I made a CD of Windows XP + XP2 with nLite 1.3.5

I reinstalled Windows with this CD.

Everything worked well, but I get an error message every Windows startup :

Windows doesn't find [nhelper].

I must click 4 times OK to access Windows.

I come up nhelper.ex_ on the ISO image nlite that I had created (or in

C: \ Program Files \ nLite \ nlite.ex_).

I copied the file nhelper.ex_ then I renamed the extension .ex_ in .exe

I copied nhelper.exe under C: \ WINDOWS \ system32.

After reboot I have no more error message.

A priori it is a solution ?

IN FRENCH

J'ai fait un CD de Windows XP+XP2 avec nLite 1.3.5

J'ai réinstallé Windows avec ce CD.

Tout à bien fonctionné, mais j'ai un message d'erreur à chaque démarrage de Windows :

Windows ne trouve pas nhelper.

Je dois cliquer 4 fois sur OK pour accéder à Windows.

J'ai touvé nhelper.ex_ sur l'image ISO nlite que j'avais crée (ou sur

C:\Program Files\nLite\nlite.ex_).

J'ai copié le ficier nhelper.ex_ puis j'ai renommé l'extension .ex_ en .exe

J'ai copié nhelper.exe sous C:\WINDOWS\system32.

Au redémarrage je n'ai plus de message d'erreur.

A priori c'est une solution ?

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've had the same problem when i've used my nLited windows XP install disk.

I don't know when it's happen but

i found a solution to resolve the error message when xp is installed.

You should find in the registry some keys wich have in their values "nlite.inf" with "launch" something ...

Sorry but i haven't note it before :unsure:

Theirs two keys to delete and after Xp will start faster and without error message !!!

@+