RIS 2003 and 3com 3c940 problem

staun

Been working with RIS for some time now, but facing severe problems with 3com's integraded network 3c940 on Asus P4C800 motherboard.

RIS works fine in text-mode - installation starts but when the system reboots and suposed to run unattended it stops with the unknown graphic-drivers. This is (in my expericence) due to missing network-drivers being loaded.

In the device-manager the network-drivers are not installed. The "funny" part is then, when I use the exact same drivers in the $oem$ folder from a USB-stick the network-drivers works execellent.

Another thing is that the $oem$-drivers folder is not copied to the local installation, which it should be.????

Anyone got the 3c940-drivers working with RIS?? if so, which drivers are used to do this.

Thanks in advance

Staun

Edited by staun

RIS works fine in text-mode - installation starts but when the system reboots and suposed to run unattended it stops with the unknown graphic-drivers. This is (in my expericence) due to missing network-drivers being loaded.

I my experience if u have the wrong NiC drivers it will tell you wrong NiC, if you have wrong graphic drivers it will tell you wrong graphic drivers...! :thumbup