if i run WINNT32 or setup.. from my hardisk..

ntouch

i did everything.. i didnot make the iso though... if i run WINNT32 or setup.. from my hardisk.. will it run with everything i done iwht nliteos? or i need to make the bootable cd? (make and burn the iso) .

can i install it exacly like from the boot...

If you are to use unattended make sure to run it with

winnt32 /unattend:winnt.sif

Also if you use textmode drivers (like sata/raid) then wait next version it has fixed non-boot missing sys files.

You can definitely run your unattended nLite install off your hard drive, I've done it a dozen or more times in the last week. I'm still tweaking my nLite setup so I don't feel like burning through a bunch of CD's that will just get thrown away so doing it off the hard drive makes more sense (and is faster).

If you run setup from within windows then you use winnt32.exe. I've been running mine from DOS and use winnt.exe. If you run it from DOS you don't use the winnt.sif answer file, it has to be a text file, so rename winnt.sif to unattend.txt or whatever. In my case I run it this way after booting from a floppy and loading smartdrv.exe:

winnt /s:h:\nLite\i386 /u:unattend.txt <---- "h:\nLite\i386" is the source path to the install files on my PC.

And in about 10 minutes XP Pro is loaded.

Edited by E-66