Plug and play monitor driver for my laptop during unattended install?

Am I missing something here? When did laptops ever come with drivers for the LCD display? Anyways, I have been having tremendous amount of difficulties installing Windows XP on my Gateway laptop. At first I thought it was the SATA driver, but now I'm starting to think it may be the video card driver. I'm using the driver for the Intel GMA 950 from the Driverpacks. Is that the problem why Windows XP cannot boot to the desktop? The installation isn't very consistent. While it's silently installing the drivers, the driver installation menu would pop up multiple times asking me to locate and install the plug and play monitor driver. I clicked yes many times and it said it was successfully installed and yet keeps on asking me to click yes and search and etc. Finally it stops doing that and proceeds to finish installing. Afterwards, it just crash as it enters the Windows XP screen. Do you guys think it may be the video card driver from the driver pack that is causing this problem?

Edited by Sgt_Strider

• 11 months later...

Did anyone find a resolution for this? I also am getting a driver install prompt for PnP monitor coming up when I'm running an unattended install of windows. Really annoying!!! Does it need the correct drivers and INF file? I didn't think any drivers were required for PNP monitors.

The type of graphics card we are using is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M