win98 mouse trouble...

fishbait182

hey guys i was wondering if anybody could help me. my parents computer is real old is has win98 on it and so i put a new mobo and processor in it and was planning on upgrading to xp. before my computer will even boot up i have to go into safe mode and get the ndis fix on there which has turned out to be alot harder than i thought first of all the mouse wont work in safe mode it does not say that there is not a mouse hooked up it just will not move, so after that i thought that i could just use the keyboard, thankfully it works but everytime i put the floppy disk into the drive that has the ndis fix on it the fix is 'shown' as hidden and without a working mouse i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the folder options to show hidden files without a mouse? if anyone could help it would be great becuase im really in a rut right now..

Open "my computer"/"explorer" (like you did to go to the disk root).

Then use "ctrl"+"alt" to highlight the "file" menu. Use the arrows to move to "display"(? not sure in english). Select "Folders options" (?).

Once you're in there, use "tab" to switch between items and select the display tab. Finally, using "tab" again you'll be able to check the option you want with "space".

And next time, try to write your posts in a readable form. ;)

space bar then... thank you i am at school right now but will do that as soon as i get home tonight. the reason i am upgrading my parents computer to xp is for multimedia purposes. i got my dad a turntable with usb interface so that he can record all of his old albums onto his computer and cds for listening in the truck and stuff. i heard somewhere that 98 was the best os that microsoft has made so far? i don't remember why or where i heard that though...

edit: what do you mean by 'readable form' ?

Edited by fishbait182

what do you mean by 'readable form' ?
Well, using punctuation, capital letters, leaving some blanks and stuff... Just so people can read it more easily. Nothing too bad anyway, your last post is fine.
i heard somewhere that 98 was the best os that microsoft has made so far?
Obviously, for us, Win98 is the best OS from M$. It's fast, light, safe and lets you have a full access to your computer.

Try to see if you can find a 98 driver for your turntable. You never know.

And good luck with that pc!

• 2 weeks later...
You're right... Win9x means more than 98: 95 OSR2 or Me are other great choices. But the question was about 98.

Anyway, just pick the one you prefer, they still have a lot in common.

Win9x for ever !!! :P

i never liked ME personally... WinME and blue screen of death are best friends as far as i can tell.