what am i doing wrong, so many issues

brokenwall

Well I got my second CD built and it has alot of minor stuff removed like the languages and support.

Well i also added Flash Player, Acrobat Reader, Bunch of LAN-WLAN-Chipset drivers. and The Post SP2 Update pack.

and after windows installs it comes up and i can run msconfig.exe "says it cant find it or something like that" and all but 3 services are stopped. they are all set to Automatic.

no matter what i do they are like that. its twice in a row this is happened.

please help.

combined.INI

also if i click the IE icon on my desktop after the install it asks me if i want to open with notepad or picture viewer, but if i right click and goto properties it shows me the internet options.

msconfig.exe can not be found tho i said keep the file.

this is 5 times i have made and redone from stratch to see what is going on. and i cant seem to figure this out. please help me.

i just built another cd with only the updates installed and it does the same thing, no tweaks, nothing

the last config i did.

LAST_SESSION.INI

ok i count 15 cds on my table that i have tried over and over and over to get to work. and the same problems keep happening, only 3 services started, not all of them will start when i go one by one starting them, IE icon doesnt open IE at all instead it wants to be opened in Notepad or picture viewer, and if i right click it still opens the Internet Properties page. msconfig.exe can not be found at all on the hard drive. wtf. Where am i going wrong. please help

i have build cds from the basic just xp unattended to everything i want done. to just building the cd with nothing using the nlite to put it together. and all i see is the same old problem every time.

if i install using just the XP Pro OEM CD then it works great i just have to do all the updates. but then what is the point?

please help

please help

at this time i see over 105 views and no replies can yall please give some input

15 CDs? Learn how to use VMWare or VirtualBox (any virtualization software will do) so you just create ISOs and only burn the final product (so to speak).

Also, remove all the drivers along with WMP11 and IE7, only integrate RVMUpdatePack2.1.7.7z, RVMAddonsDX9_1.2.7z and acrobatsmall-addon.cab at first. If everything works, then add IE7, see if that works, then add WMP11, see if that works, then add drivers (not necessarily in that order, but one item at a time to see what ultimately "breaks" the installation).

It's foolish to expect the 1st attempt to work flawlessly. Also adding everything but the kitchen sink in one swoop is asking for trouble. Trial and error my friend, but definitely learn how to make ISOs and use virtualization software. (unless you like going through CD-Rs like Homer Simpson goes through donuts)

im not worried about burning cds and testng them. i have a computer dedicated for testing hardware and software.

i have tried alot of different builds in the past 3 days from just a basic xp cd. to just updates, to just drivers, and the problem is that even at the ground level with no components removed and only the unattended part done using nLite i still have the same issues once the install is finished, at this point its basically a problem between the files on my computer, nlite, and the ISO, so nothing is wrong with the computer it is installed on, and i have built other basic cds on other machines to double check. even copied files from completely different cds.

Edited by brokenwall

finally got one to work, but then when i reinstalled it to double check to make sure, it did the same thing again and still having issues.

this cd that worked one time, had nothing and i mean nothing done to it, it was ran though nlite to make it unattented and thats all.