Vista Business to XP Pro Downgrade Rights

Bezalel

I dont believe it can be accomplished. Since XP and Vista are based off 2 totally different kernels i dont think you can just downgrade. I think you would have to install XP Pro. Which would require it own serial. That is the only way i know of to do it at least. :whistle:

I dont believe it can be accomplished. Since XP and Vista are based off 2 totally different kernels i dont think you can just downgrade. I think you would have to install XP Pro. Which would require it own serial. That is the only way i know of to do it at least. :whistle:

This question wasn't meant to be about the downgrade process but about the avtivation where I don't have a unique key but I am licensed to use the software.

Well if you have rights to use it you must have purchased it at some point in time. Which means that a serial had to of been issued. If it was a pre-installed OS then check the side or back of the system for the serial. If you bought it with Vista but own a copy of XP you should still have a serial for it to allow for activation.

Unless there is something in there i am missing about how you are licensed to use the software (XP).

"End users can use the following media for their downgrade: Volume Licensing media (provided the end user has a Volume Licensing agreement), retail (FPP), or system builder hologram CD (provided the software is acquired in accordance with the Microsoft OEM System Builder License). "

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/2...grade_chart.doc

I guess it'll need phone activation if a non-vlk key is re-used, it looks like they don't like your oembios method :angry:

"End users can use the following media for their downgrade: Volume Licensing media (provided the end user has a Volume Licensing agreement), retail (FPP), or system builder hologram CD (provided the software is acquired in accordance with the Microsoft OEM System Builder License). "

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/2...grade_chart.doc

I guess it'll need phone activation if a non-vlk key is re-used, it looks like they don't like your oembios method :angry:

According to one of the licensing reps the avtivation center should allow me to activate by phone but apparently the activations reps didn't get that particular memo and I didn't want to have to call the activation center and beg for activation. These systems weren't origionally made by a Royalty OEM but as of now they were.