2 WPI Problems with IE7 on XP

I added an IE7 entry in WPI that first installs IE7, then reboots (%reboot%) and then installs the IE7 cumulative hotfix.

I get an "unable to initialize application" error generated by Sleep.exe just before WPI reboots the system and I also get a WPI script error after the PC is rebooted, the IE7 cumulative hotfix has been installed and WPI finishes installing all the rest of the applications:

xpproblemyj6.png

Edited by Francesco

I added an IE7 entry in WPI that first installs IE7, then reboots (%reboot%) and then installs the IE7 cumulative hotfix.

I get an "unable to initialize application" error generated by Sleep.exe just before WPI reboots the system and I also get a WPI script error after the PC is rebooted, the IE7 cumulative hotfix has been installed and WPI finishes installing all the rest of the applications:

I'm getting the same 'unable to initialize application'-error message after installation before reboot.

I'm using the direct reboot (without-sleeptime)mode to reboot immediatly after installation.

That error appears, but the computer reboots immediately and closes that message.

There's not much time to read what it says.

Doesn't seem to cause any problems, just not very nice to see...

B.T.W.: My XP-installCD was slipstreamed with IE7

Maybe a bug?

Caused by IE7?

Caused by direct reboot without sleep?

Edited by Evolver