(Resolved) Long Pause between Boot Screen And Logon

glent

(Nice to be back :hello: ,not be actice lately )I have a long pause between the Bootscreen GUI and logon screen, Blank black screen which lasts between 15-25 seconds usually, It seems to be getting worse overtime, The bug or w/e has been there a while, regrdless of wether im using a uacd or regular install. Im guessing it could be hardware thing or possibly a reg tweak but who knows. Anyway here the current spec, hopefully someone has had similar experiences

Gigabyte KNXPSLI mobo typical Nforce 4 , Dont mock beacuse it works just fine

2 Gigs DDR 500

AMD 3700 San Dieigo

WD SATA HD 250 GIG

generic 500W PSU

6600GT Single Card with 2 GPU's SLI enabled

All Stock No Overclocking

This is not a spam thread to post recomendation of hardware upgrades that not what im asking :rolleyes:

Edited by glent

Thanks for the promt reply

I have some intresting results.

First I cleared all logs and restatred. The boot was for quick with no delays!

Unfortanly the second reboot was slow and progress bar hung for around ten seconds followed by a ten second black screen again

I checked the logs and there are no errors at all only general things like Vmware services started. Cleared all logs and rebooting resulted in another speedy boot followed by an anoying slow one :(

messing with bootvis now ,will post back my findings

Well heres a screen of the bootvis results, however the next reboot had much longer delays agai

:unsure:

hxxp://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8290/untitledqd8.png

Edited by glent

Try changing your video card and try booting into safemode (msconfig>boot.ini>safeboot).

I think its that because as bootvis shows you have a long delay (about 12 seconds like you guessed) and 100% cpu usage when its loading the video drivers.

I think I remember having a similar problem with an nvidia card a long time ago. [edit] I now noticed the nvsvc32 service listed in bootvis too ;)