blank folder on the desktop

nothingnoise

as i said when i am working with folders it appears on the whole desktop like a maximized folder but it is empty and no name or info on the taskbar. sometimes it dissapears when i close an open folder from the taskbar but it doesn't work all the time. i am always restarting the pc cause there is no way to reach the icons on desktop.

i formatted my pc and installed some of the installed software before, tried some and the other day i installed winzip and getright with their registration codes than it happened again but i m not sure if they caused it or not..

at last it lools like a folder on the taskbar but it has no buttons or a border.. it just makes whole screen window colour which you have selected from the appearance expect taskbar and start menu. it doesnt seem to affect any working applications

today i formatted my pc again and everything was normal until i installed norton utilities 2002.. when i finished installing norton utilities that folder appeared again..winzip and norton utilities are in the same cd and this shows that this problem caused by a virus. i scanned my computer with norton antivirus and mcafee and both of them couldn't find anything..

I don't use Norton Utilities, and the winzip 8.1 setup file came directly from the winzip site, I doubt its a virus.

I think I've seen this mentioned in another thread long ago, I'll have to dig up for it :hohum

the second time that i formatted my pc, i mean when i installed norton utilities and that problem happened again winzip wasn't installed on my computer.. this shows that problem wasn't caused by winzip.. i think it is a virus or something like that and infected all of my programs in the same cd