Nlite doesn't work with Windows Vista

contender

Hmm I'm not sure, every time i open up nLite on Vista the UAC window pops up everytime, i allow the program and thats it. I didn't even have to right click on the nLite.exe and give it Admin privileges.

For the people with the problems, are you using the retail version of Vista or the Beta?

And although i didn't have to, you can try running the program in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode and see if it works for you then.

Edited by AusLebowski

I am having this problem too and on more than one occasion also not just on the same installation of vista.

I am running Vista x86 Ultimate RTM and latest nlite version. Itried making an nlite disc for afriend 2-3 months ago and it crashed. I get all the way through the entire process until I am asked to start the process I say ok and let nlite do its magic and maybe 1 minute into it, if that. It just crashes. This also corrupts my the original installation files and nlite flashes a box stating that nlite detected an unfinished operation and to not use broken links, try again with a clean installation.

I've instaleld Vista Ultimate 3 different times since then (MSDN dvd copy, not homemade)

and each time I've tried nlite i get the same results.

UAC disabled.

I've never had a prob with nlite under XP so I have no clue what is causing it.