Registry Key Restoration...

iamjfarrell

I messed with my registry keys and told by a website to make my computer performance a little better but recently I have noticed that my computer just randomly cuts off; almost like a hibernation but wont come back from it. I believe it had to do something with the "hangtime" registry key. But who knows... maybe I can get them back to default or someone knows what I can do to my registry key to fix the problem... Thanks you guys!

I messed with my registry keys and told by a website to make my computer performance a little better but recently I have noticed that my computer just randomly cuts off; almost like a hibernation but wont come back from it. I believe it had to do something with the "hangtime" registry key. But who knows... maybe I can get them back to default or someone knows what I can do to my registry key to fix the problem... Thanks you guys!

Run the program again while regmon is running so you know what keys it messes with. You might be able to just delete the keys it changes and windows will use the default values. Post what keys are being messed with and hopefully someone will know if it safe to just delete that key.

There is also a posibilty that the program you used contains some malware. What program did you use?

I'm not too sure... I am trying to find the website and all the registries it had me change... but I'm faced with bad luck tonight. I am pretty confident it has something to do with hangtime on the computer like if it starts to freeze or something how long the computer tolerates the time or something like that. It has ruined about 75% of the project I was working on. (because I don't save often enough) So I need something, its annoying the p*** out of me!