Fax app for Vista Home Premium?

ColMaki

I was very disappointed to find out that my Vista Home Premium doesn't include the Fax & Scanning software that was highly talked about.

Does anyone know a good and small Fax program that is compatible with Vista? freeware of course will be preferable.

Thx

I was very disappointed to find out that my Vista Home Premium doesn't include the Fax & Scanning software that was highly talked about.

Does anyone know a good and small Fax program that is compatible with Vista? freeware of course will be preferable.

Thx

That is correct, fax and scan is only on Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate. As far as a 3rd party fax app, I'm not sure any free ones exist yet, but there are some non-free ones out there that a quick google search turned up.

That's the problem. After M$ made the fax program default in Windows XP, the market of developers for small and convenient fax freeware's has disappeared. What's left now is bloated programs that are targeted for businesses that the built in Windows XP fax was enough powerful for them.

You do realize the fax program in XP and Server 2003 remains largely unchanged from it's Win3.1 heritage? I wouldn't use that version - but the version in Vista is a basic re-write, and functions much better. I know there is shareware and non-freeware that runs fine on Vista, but not much in the way of freeware. Desktop fax just isn't a market clamoring for a product - it's a very small niche (that you happen to be in, so you probably don't feel that way :)).