will MS Word 2003 document work in MS Word 2000?

prakash_dool

If you want to open documents created by Office 2007, you can save them as Office 97-2003 format. Office 2007 has the ability to save to previous version formats.

If you have a true Office 2007 document (in docx, docm), you can download the compatibility converter (fileformatconverters.exe) from MS Office site and Office XP and 2003 will be able to open these formats. According to site, this tool is only for XP and 2003, so 97 and 2000 are excluded.

If you want to open documents created by Office 2007, you can save them as Office 97-2003 format. Office 2007 has the ability to save to previous version formats.

If you have a true Office 2007 document (in docx, docm), you can download the compatibility converter (fileformatconverters.exe) from MS Office site and Office XP and 2003 will be able to open these formats. According to site, this tool is only for XP and 2003, so 97 and 2000 are excluded.

Thanx Guys

I repharse the question again ...

MS Word 2003 .doc files will it posible to open in MS Word 2000.

I think my client still in "Ancient days" :rolleyes: sooo dont worry about 2007. He stilll loooooooooong way to go there...

Thanx for the help guys

P_D

For backward compatibility with older MS Office Word, click Tools => Options then click Compatibility tab, then set your option on the drop down list Recommended options for: Microsoft Word 2000. Don't forget to click OK.

Now, IT IS possible to open MS Word 2003 .doc files in MS Word 2000 ;) .

I always put my MS Word 2003 compatibility to Microsoft Word 97 because when you email or share a document, you sometimes don't know what version of Office others are using. This is playing safe.

Now, IT IS possible to open MS Word 2003 .doc files in MS Word 2000 ;) .

I always put my MS Word 2003 compatibility to Microsoft Word 97 because when you email or share a document, you sometimes don't know what version of Office others are using. This is playing safe............

Wow...Great man...Thank you very much..it really worked..Thanx

All of you guys...thanx for sharing your exp... :thumbup

P_D

Edited by prakash_dool