Invision Board Problammo

Here's the setup.

I've set up Invision board at home on my local server. Im running Apache server, mysql, php and ofcourse invision board.

The problem i'm having is, when i create new forums, they dont show on the main forum page. Only the test one will show, but each new forum can be seen in the Admin CP.

When i click the link to view the new forum on the admin CP page, i get this error:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Now this is strange. I thought at first it might be an error with file permissions, but i am able to create and reply to posts in the test category (set up by default), and i shouldnt need to CHMOD any files, because they wern't uploaded anywhere, thus having write permissions by default.

Can anyone hlep?

Does each forum belong to a category like this one....

Web Development (HTML, Java, PHP, ASP, XML, etc.) belong to The Developers Center.

And are they set to active? Are they set for all members to see it? For example to to group permissions and make sure admin/mods/members are set to read, write, post, etc etc.

Does each forum belong to a category like this one....

Web Development (HTML, Java, PHP, ASP, XML, etc.)  belong to The Developers Center.

And are they set to active? Are they set for all members to see it? For example to to group permissions and make sure admin/mods/members are set to read, write, post, etc etc.

Yeah that was the problem. They wernt set to read/write and start on the admin CP.

Thanks though :)