Disabling Dialog box in Safe Mode

mauve_turtle

I wonder if anyone can help me with a niggling problem. I have 2 partitions on my laptop and on the second partition i have installed a minimal XP installation, in case my working every day XP on partition 1 decides to give up on me. I have my minimal XP partition booting into Safe Mode every time without pressing F8, but I don't want the dialog box asking if I want to proceed or start system restore popping up,so I can leave it to boot into the administrator account without having to press anything. Is there a registry mod or file mod I can tweak to prevent the dialog box from appearing? Ive had a good look around but so far with no success.

Ive had a tinker around there, maybe theres a switch ive gotta add onto the end of the line : multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /FASTDETECT /safeboot:minimal

any advances? ive got a hunch its not that but the answer lies somewhere else

Ive partitioned a small piece of my HD and put another(2nd) XP install (legal I might add!) and slimmed it down as much as I can, so it uses as little resources as possible. My aim is to use as a rescue option if i really balls up my everyday XP on C:. Obviously if my HD decides to kick the bucket then its tough, and its useless.

Its just i want it to boot straight into Safe mode to the desktop without the dialog box appearing thats all