id***'s Guide

Paule

Hi to all,

Is there an id***'s Guide for NLite 1.3 RC 2 available?

I need to know how to build a Installation DVD with XP, Office 2007, IE 7, Messenger Disable and other programs to use as 1 Step Installation only.

Any advice very welcome and I'm a bit in a hurry because I've to change the installation on more than 90 Computer in on network fast as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Paule

Thanks for that infos! I'll give both of them a try and find out which is better for my requirement.

But anyway: Is there a guide for the new version available? Because for my own use, I use NLite already

Hi to all,

Is there an id***'s Guide for NLite 1.3 RC 2 available?

I need to know how to build a Installation DVD with XP, Office 2007, IE 7, Messenger Disable and other programs to use as 1 Step Installation only.

Any advice very welcome and I'm a bit in a hurry because I've to change the installation on more than 90 Computer in on network fast as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Paule

This is as good as a guide that you're going to get for now:

http://nliteos.com/guide/index.html

Hi, Paule

Consider this way.

You could make a good install of OS with additional soft on one PC first, do an image of partition with this OS with Acronis True Image on second step and, finally, you could install this image on a huge amount of PC as much as you want. I keep using this method for testing OSs and for backup purpose as good. Usualy installing from an image [residing on different partition of HDD] takes ~8 minutes. Is there a difference, when installing from CD takes approx. 30-40 min.? :whistle: The only requirement is that all PCs have to be identical, maybe with minor differences in hardware. If not, there maybe additional work on installing some drivers. Finally this method surelly doesn't fit, if there are HDDs with different interfaces [e.g. ATA, SATA] – I proved this on my laptops.

Another issue, as I could see, is for you to make the first lited installation of OS. There are, for me personally, two of them very good: nLite and XPlite. Both serve for the same aim, but different methods use. About corporate use? I don't have info about it. I'm sure you will find the best solution in your situation.

Acronis True Image [to deal with whole HDD the best is v.10, to deal with single partitions the best is v.9]:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

added:

Acronis True Image Home [v.10] works only with whole HDD and doesn't with separate partitions – I tested it. As usually I deal with separate partitions, so I use Workstation [v.9.1]. To recover a partition first is need bootable Acronis_recovery_CD has been made and after, been booted with this CD, it's possible to clone a partition with installed OS from an image-file located on another partition [for example, D:] of the same HDD, or even from USB_HDD.

Edited by Silenti