Windows XP semi-unattended installation

Hellp boys! :)

I want to create a unattended Windows XP CD that installs the operating system without asking the user any parameter after the text-mode setup.

The only thing the user can choose is the "user name", the "organization name" and the first account username... but I want that my CD asks these information only when the setup finishes installing Windows (like the pre-installed Windows in HP and other notebooks).

Having a look in Microsoft Unattended KBs, I realized that the option I'm searching for is the "GUIAttended" one.

Quoting Microsoft Guide:

GuiAttended specifies that the GUI-mode section of Setup is attended. When specified, the end user is required to answer all questions in the GUI-mode portion of Setup before Setup finishes. This mode is useful in preinstallation scenarios in which the OEM or administrator wants to automate only text-mode Setup.

But even if I add these lines to my winnt.sif:

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = GUIAttended

..the setup still ask me for my Name and Organization.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

if I didn't get it wrong, the Textmode is where setup is asking for partiton setup etc. GUImode is the part where it asks for PC-Name, Serial, etc. So for me this behavior perfectly makes sense.

Edited by bj-kaiser

UnattendMode = ProvideDefault

Setup does not display the user interface to end users if you specify in the answer file (WINNT.SIF) all the answers relating to a particular Setup page. If you specify only subsets of the answers on a page, the page appears with the provided answers. The end user can modify any of the answers on the displayed page.

Hellp boys! :)

I want to create a unattended Windows XP CD that installs the operating system without asking the user any parameter after the text-mode setup.

The only thing the user can choose is the "user name", the "organization name" and the first account username... but I want that my CD asks these information only when the setup finishes installing Windows (like the pre-installed Windows in HP and other notebooks).

If you allow them to select their User Name and Company Name, then it is not completely unattended. The prompt for this is during the GUI Setup.

My CD, does exactly what you described. My text mode setup is completely unattended and it blows away any partitions on the disk. Then the GUI setup runs through, installs all the hotfixes and then it prompts you for the login name(s).

Then it asks if you want to change the Registered User / Company Name. Then it does its post installs.

Finally it asks if you want to run SysPrep.

Make a fully unattended setup with 1 automatic login and run SysPrep from GuiRunOnce.