Multiboot dvd and cdshell

chona

I am trying to make a multiboot dvd but i have some questions and i hope someone can provide me the answers.

1) on the site of flyakite he explains how to create the bootfolders:

Creating the Boot Folder

Thanks to gosh from the MSFN forums, I have discovered a much better way to obtain the boot files. While this method is a slight pain, it ensures that everyone has the proper boot files for their DVD. Go to Start -> Run and type or paste the following command with the correct drive letter of course:

D:\AIO-DVD\SETUP\XP\Professional\i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot

Windows XP setup should come up. Choose "New Installation" and go through the options as usual. Do NOT download updated setup files. At the "Setup Options" screen, click on "Advanced Options" and make sure "copy all installation files from the CD" is checked. If it is grayed out don't worry about it.

Setup should create 2 folders in the root of your main drive. They will be hidden so make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled.

$WIN_NT$.~BT - the boot folder

$WIN_NT$.~LS - installation files folder

However when i try to do this i get the message "the xp on the pc is newer than the cd" and the setup can not be done. It's a xp sp2 cd.

Now i want to use the 6 xp bootdiskettes as bootfolders. My question is can i use these diskettes or not?

2) I have made a graphic bootmenu and i want to use it with cdshell. But when cdshell runs i get an error: Error:missing file 5.1 missing file:cdshell.ini

This is the simple ini file:

boot:

Windows:

Windows_Key:

cls

show image windows.csi

getkey

if $lastKey == key[1]; then chain /PRO1.DAT

if $lastKey == key[2]; then chain /HOM1.DAT

if $lastKey == key[3]; then chain /2PRO.DAT

if $lastKey == key[4]; then memdisk /98SE.IMG

if $lastKey == key[5]; then memdisk /WINME.IMA

if $lastKey == key[x]; then chain /PRO2.DAT

if $lastKey == key[q]; then goto end

if $lastKey == key[r]; then reboot

if $lastKey == key[h]; then goto Help

if $lastKey == key; then boot 0x80

goto menu

Can someone please help me with this?

try changing the directory in witch windows would be installed when you run winnt32.exe /noreboot. Try choosing one that is not \WINDOWS

and about the seconde question, is your cdshell.ini in the same folder where is cdshell? If not, try to moving it to the cdshell folder, it might work.

• 1 month later...

If you still don't know what's wrong just look at line 5.

it says:

"show image windows.csi"

where did you put your windows.csi file? in this case it should be in BOOT folder. better way is to set path to this file. e.g.:

"show image \BOOT\IMG\menu.csi"

ps. sorry for my english.