Wake on LAN script!

So, I'd like to make a page on my site to wake my PC up via internet. I know it is possible, as I have found some site with example code. The problem is I can't seem to get them to work. The site I am using for now works, but not how I'd like it. http://www.remotewakeup.com/en/index.php

Here are the links I am using as refferance:

Link 1 (Has a tutorial in it)

Link 2

In link 1, it is pretty straight forward. Edit 3 lines, good to go. Port, MAC, and IP. I did that, and I got an error complaining about something on line 44, where the IP goes. I fixed that, and now I run into an error.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: socket_create() in /home/content/d/y/s/dysfunktinal/html/wol.php on line 13"

I tried fixing it with the info from the site, to no avail...

The second problem is this; while the script from link 1 works for me, I'd feel a little unsecure about having it open to public like that. I'd like to include some sort of password protection. I don't mind if it is hard coded into the script, encrypted or not, it doesn't matter. If anyone feels like helping me with it that would be awsome. The only thing I'd like for sure though is that the password box accepts input as astrisks '*'.

Thanks for any tips!