A little good news and a little bad

First up - do not look for the security rollup for 3 weeks from now. Three new risks have been ID'd and will be integrated to the rollup in order to cover subsequent variants of msblast, the directx issues and one relating to the netbios/memory read issues currently being patched (no need to reinvent the wheel after this patch is issued) the update rollup on wed includes two of the three new fixes with the third to be added as low priority at RTW

Second - SP2 has been moved in schedule - tentative for march-april RTW

there is the possibility that an interim SP2 will be issued to OEMs in Nov/Dec as an installer patch for christmas retail systems. In build phase, but incomplete as yet so no promises but it is in the pipeline so there might be something available before end of year to end users.

Again, I'm going to stress none of these things will do anything to protect you over what you can accomplish yourselves..So I am still putting together the IPSEC guide for those who might be a little exhausted from chasing these security patches around endlessly. Aaron will post it as soon as I'm done going through the documentation and put it into a workable form for people to put to immediate use without having to feel like they taking their MCSE's again

These Patchs are a pain in the arse to install every to something f***s up i have about 21 CD's of Unattended XP because a new patch has been realsed every day.

but nice to see your working hard on that guide some like it could be very good i look forward to it

Edited by Terminator3

Aaron, can a few graphic be attached in the threads or would you like these out on a separate page for the IPSEC guide?

Second thing, I doubt roadmap will get an update or changeout till November seeing as everything is still in projection build phase. Ramping upto holidays. A new media center et et al. Keep an eye out though. As soon as that is in the pipeline for the OEMs, its a given the entire thing is going to change out considering MCE will ship with these hotfixes integrated. Most of its riding on that.