[Error] Copying FASTWIZ.EXE to Folder

ThinkingPlus

All,

I am building up a new computer. I plan on using the SATA RAID controller included on the MOBO and wanted to slipstream the drivers into my Windows XP64 install. I was going to use nLite so I followed the instructions which start with copying the Windows source to a folder on my old machine. The copy worked fine until it tried to copy FASTWIZ.EXE in \SUPPORT\TOOLS. This failed with error message: Cannot copy FASTWIZ: Invalid MS_DOS function. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Edited by ThinkingPlus

You can bypass folder \SUPPORT. It isn't used for the setup. It contains special tools.

Just files at root and i386 are important.

Good to hear and thank you for the response. Any idea why XP won't copy a file from the install CD to disk? It handled all the others with aplomb, but balked at this one file. Seems very strange to me.

Bad cdrom ?

Overclocked system ?

Ram fault ?

CD-ROM appears fine. All the other files copied correctly. I do not overclock. I haven't seen any other symptoms that might indicate RAM issues, but I've never tried to do extensive diagnostics. Oh, well if I don't need the file for an install then it is probably a moot issue. Thanks for all your help.