gaming with Microphone and Speakers

Thauzar

I want to use teamspeak or something like that to game with my friends. The problem is that I keep hearing myself in my speakers while I talk, which produces feedbacks.

In sound option

-playback control has the microphone muted, and any other inputs

-recording control has the microphone selected as the only input source.

Then why does it keep playing the **** microphone in my speakers as I speak even if my sound option is to mute microphone playback?? And it's not related to teamspeak it happens in msn and even in the windows sound setup tests. This is really annoying!

Can anyone help? I don't want to use a headphone set since I got a nice 5.1 speakers kit and a stereo mike right in front on my screen.

EDIT: I'm on a SB X-Fi XtremeMusic

Thanks

Edited by Thauzar

just a bump, I'm sure there is other things to check or try that I don'T know of... I can't believe something as simple as muting a mike can come up with such unexpected results, there must be something I did wrong or didn't do? Are there other options I didn't try?

I use ventrilo for gaming comms, I have a Audigy 2 Platinum ex.

This sounds weird, but I have my microphone TOTALLY muted, even in record, this way my friends can hear me, but I dont hear myself via my speakers.

Just try it, see if it works.

Are there other options I didn't try?

I was through this before and found the real deal was to get a nice headset. People can hear you better, you don't have to be up close to a mic on your comp desk and the sound is kickin if you buy a decent set. I got the Platronics Counter-Strike edition headset and have used it now for 2 years never regretting.

Edited by MtnDewKing68

Muting the microphone under Playback should be all you need to do.

You may wish to check your settings in Teamspeak to be sure you've set it properly.

I personally use Ventrilo (better voice quality, etc, etc) and had to set it to my sound card as opposed to "Default wave mapper". Mixer set to my sound card as well. Mux: Recording Control. Line: Microphone.