IP Sig

eXPerience-XP

When you're viewing the sig, no one else but you can see that sig... The only place where your IP is so stored is in the server logs... Same goes for my sig, but I hardly check the log! :D

:) Ofcourse no one else can see your ip displaying image. But thats exactly my point, if someone wants to use this info all he has to do is post in some of threads and rest his sig will gather all the information. The values in the very sig can be dumped in a text file(no need even to check the server logs).

Now i am not a paranoid kind of guy but just thought many of us wont even be aware of these consequences. :rolleyes:

Although its extremely easy to do that with an IP sig, only a script kiddy would do that! :D

this script doesnt do anything more than a normal picture does. Im getting tired of so many people saying that its spyware and things like that. It is true that people can view your ip and store them but so does this forum and any other sites you go to.

this script doesnt do anything more than a normal picture does. Im getting tired of so many people saying that its spyware and things like that.  It is true that people can view your ip and store them but so does this forum and any other sites you go to.

Yes. But its ok that admins of the website has it. What about every random person who sees your post has your ip and the info. You are getting tired of paranoids, make sense. But if you apply some intelligence you will notice it as well. As always, untill something goes wrong, no one even buzzes about anything.

@gamehead :) ofcourse script kiddies will do that, and you think all professionals come to this forum :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
this script doesnt do anything more than a normal picture does. Im getting tired of so many people saying that its spyware and things like that.  It is true that people can view your ip and store them but so does this forum and any other sites you go to.

Yes. But its ok that admins of the website has it. What about every random person who sees your post has your ip and the info. You are getting tired of paranoids, make sense. But if you apply some intelligence you will notice it as well. As always, untill something goes wrong, no one even buzzes about anything.

@gamehead :) ofcourse script kiddies will do that, and you think all professionals come to this forum :rolleyes:

sorry i just have to say this,

this thread has had 7299 views so do you really think somebody is going to be logging all the IP addresses??

the file would be like 20MB

According to my calculations, 8000 IP addresses at their longest length (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and assuming duplicates were omitted, would only take about 120 kilobytes of disk space. 20 megabytes would be over 1.2 million page views.

ROFL! :) 20 Megabytes! :rolleyes:

Who makes a log file that huge for storing IP addresses... :D

Guest pgp_protector

The only IP anyone will see is THERE OWN IP, your IP is only viewable by the Admin, and thats If there recording it.

I.E. On my sig, when I look at it, I see xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, but when you look at it, you see yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, and when joe smoe look at the sig, they will see zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz, but they wont see yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• 3 weeks later...

You obviously didnt get it or you obviously havent coded it yourself. No hard feelings but I am not going to explain the whole thing again. Since people understood what I meant it would be better if you might read it again!

Its not about Joe Schmoe! :)

• 3 weeks later...

The only IP anyone will see is THERE OWN IP, your IP is only viewable by the Admin, and thats If there recording it.

I.E. On my sig, when I look at it, I see xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, but when you look at it, you see yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, and when joe smoe look at the sig, they will see zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz, but they wont see yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

You can get the IPs, OSs, Browsers, e.t.c. to record in a txt file from these signatures but the point is that you will see only your IP, OS, Browser, e.t.c. Anyway... even if they make the recording txt file public... who will know who you are!?!?! there are Billions of IP's and Billions using XP and Fire Fox and Freeserve Broadband e.t.c.

I have created my own based on all of this topic... I cannot get it to work properly... please could I have some help?

First I have tried it with a PHP file : http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig...N%20Kicks%20ass!

But I cannot get it to work in a forum as it turns into this:

X

I then Tried making it into a JPG using the techniques of .htaccess and the JPEG header thingy: I get this... http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig...N%20kicks%20ass!

Ok, if you want... forget the nick...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig.jpg

As you can see it just wants to Download :'(

I then tried putting it into a forum:

sig.jpg

*sigh*

This is not working... as you can see I am rather stuck.

Here are my source codes...

.htaccess

<Files sig.jpg>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

sig.php

<?php
$image = imagecreatefromjpeg("signature.jpg");
$textcolor = imagecolorallocate($image,255,255,255);
$xpos1 = 120;
$ypos1 = 5;
$xpos2 = 120;
$ypos2 = 20;
$xpos3 = 120;
$ypos3 = 35;
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$fullhost = gethostbyaddr($ip);
$host = preg_replace("/^[^.]+./", "", $fullhost);
$today = date("m-d-Y");
$yourip = "Your IP: $ip";
$nick = $_GET['nick'];

Imagestring($image,10,$xpos1,$ypos1,$yourip,$textcolor);
Imagestring($image,10,$xpos2,$ypos2,$host,$textcolor);
Imagestring($image,10,$xpos3,$ypos3,$nick,$textcolor);

header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
imagejpeg($image);
?>

sig.jpg

<?php

Header ('Content-type: image/jpeg');
Header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
Header('Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT');
Header('Pragma: no-cache');

$xpos1 = 120;
$ypos1 = 5;
$xpos2 = 120;
$ypos2 = 20;
$xpos3 = 120;
$ypos3 = 35;
$today = date("m-d-Y");
$nick = $_GET['nick'];

imagejpeg($image);
?>

Ok, Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time...

- Xan

I have created my own based on all of this topic... I cannot get it to work properly... please could I have some help?

First I have tried it with a PHP file : http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig...N%20Kicks%20ass!

But I cannot get it to work in a forum as it turns into this:

X

I then Tried making it into a JPG using the techniques of .htaccess and the JPEG header thingy: I get this... http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig...N%20kicks%20ass!

Ok, if you want... forget the nick...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xanuk/ipsig/sig.jpg

As you can see it just wants to Download :'(

I then tried putting it into a forum:

sig.jpg

*sigh*

This is not working... as you can see I am rather stuck.

Here are my source codes...

.htaccess

<Files sig.jpg>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

sig.php

<?php
$xpos1 = 120;
$ypos1 = 5;
$xpos2 = 120;
$ypos2 = 20;
$xpos3 = 120;
$ypos3 = 35;
$today = date("m-d-Y");
$nick = $_GET['nick'];

imagejpeg($image);
?>

sig.jpg

<?php

Header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');

$xpos1 = 120;
$ypos1 = 5;
$xpos2 = 120;
$ypos2 = 20;
$xpos3 = 120;
$ypos3 = 35;
$today = date("m-d-Y");
$nick = $_GET['nick'];

imagejpeg($image);
?>

Ok, Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time...

- Xan

Strange... Your host might not support GD! :)

whats this htacess you poeple talk about when i try it nothing happens gamehead.

<?php

// create the image

$image = imagecreatefromjpeg("background.jpg");

// set the colours

$cool = imagecolorallocate($image, 81, 86, 96);

$black = imagecolorallocate($image, 0, 0, 0);

$white = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 255);

$red = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 0, 0);

$grey = imagecolorallocate($image, 204, 204, 204);

$green = imagecolorallocate($image, 206, 129, 18);

$blue = imagecolorallocate($image, 0, 0, 255);