Installer Design Studio

Pliek

Hi,

Made some repacks with Installer Design Studio.

But some of them need the installsource (Installing with WPI from a DVD) to make configurations to the program when you first run it. And I get the message that the install source is on a netwerkdrive and is not available.

Sometimes a repack keeps on doing the configurations over and over every time I run it.

So I made a sfx with winrar from the Program.msi and let it unpack to it's default programfolder and install the Program.msi from there, this gives me the advantage that the installation source is always available when I run it (so no need to put in the DVD again for config.).

It keeps on doing the configurations, but always from its install source that is in the programfolder itself.

Is there a solution for this?

It is not with a specific program, but some of my repacks have this.

sorry i'm new with repacking.... :whistle:

Edited by Pliek

i made some repacks with IDS without problems. you have to check everything IDS detects when repackagind as some files or registry keys are not needed. for the problem you have i have roxio easy media creator asking for the source and even and insert the cd it keep asking. so is not necessarily a repack error. something must be wrong with your program. if you copied the source, try installing it and repairing from it to see if it stops this behavior.