Custom .Theme & menu bar problem.

BoardBabe

"After customizing and applying a desktop theme, you may notice that the menu bar in various applications is surrounded by white space, as shown in the picture below. This happens due to an incorrect UserPreferencesMask registry value."

ugly3d.JPG

For some reason when applying the custom theme the registry value UserPreferencesMask"=hex:9e,3e,07,80" @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] changes to UserPreferencesMask"=hex:9e,3e,05,80", causing the problem.

The problem can be resolved by changing the registry value back manually or with a .reg file, however can this registry change somehow be added/prevented to/from within the .theme file itself (so I will not have to run a .reg file every time I change themes)?

Edited by BoardBabe

Sorry, I didn't read your post that carefully. Have you tried to open the .theme file with Notepad? There's a section that covers the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] key. Add or change the value if needed.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for :D

Tried to add the following in my .theme, but it did not change the registry value.

[Control Panel\Desktop]
UserPreferencesMask=hex:9e,3e,07,80

Edited by BoardBabe

• 2 weeks later...