Via Sata 8237 and Nlite

svfusion

I am trying to slipstream my via sata driver but I am having no luck. I have tried build 5.30 of the via sata driver. I am also using the latest nlite version 1.3 RC1. What can I do to make this work. I have been messing with this for about 2 days now.

• 4 weeks later...

this way worked for me:

1) create a new folder tree in the Source directory (where the xp cd install are copied):

$OEM$/$1/sata/

2) place the contents of the diskette (the DRVDSK folder) inside the Sata folder

3) then copy the VIAMRAID.SYS file into the I386 folder (of the original CD copy not the one from the floppy)

4) when in nLite's Drivers section, load the same driver using the Txtmode option (just browse nLite to where the driver is).

It works great...I've used this method for both 32bit and 64bit versions using the latest 5.40 version (apparently it also works for Vista).

Don't ask me how it works, I havn't got a clue...but it works!

Good Luck :rolleyes:

Edited by zannad

• 1 year later...

zannad : Excellent! Your instructions worked perfectly. I'm going to re-iterate your steps with some additional clarification.

1) create a new folder tree in the nLite Source directory (where the xp cd install is copied) called :

$OEM$/$1/sata/

2) place the contents of the diskette (the DRVDSK folder found in the VIA 8237 driver package (VT8237 Integrated Serial ATA RAID controller) inside the new sata folder you've just created

Your $OEM$/$1/sata/ folder should now contain :

txtsetup.oem

i386

AMD64

3) copy the $OEM$/$1/sata/i386/VIAMRAID.SYS file into the nLite source directory's I386 folder

4) when running nLite, in nLite's Drivers section, load the DRVDISK/i386/NT5/VIAMRAID.INF driver using the Txtmode option (just browse nLite to where the driver is).