Wireless mouse 700 sleep mode problem

ehjay

Would anyone have any idea as to why I can't wake up my Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700? I've tried clicking the buttons, scolling the mouse wheel, yet it just doen't want to wake up. I have to keep taking out the batteries every time it decides to take a nap. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Thank You,

Andrew.

Edited by ehjay

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I have no problem with the keyboard, but I've had problems with the mouse from the first day. The batteries are brand new. I even tried buying new brand new batteries.

The only way to "wake up" the mouse is to remove and re-enter the batteries.

But today even that stopped working. The mouse works for only a few seconds and then stops. It is basically useless now. I'm wondering if is a driver problem. It didn't come with any software and there doesn't seem to be any available for download, so I am not sure how I would remedy a driver problem.

I've tried shutting down my firewall and antivirus software. Same issue.

Perhaps we just have dud mice? Have you found any other references to this problem?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My Mouse seems to loose sync from the receiver also, I agree, sync'ing them time after time is is very annoying.

I came from a previous desktop set which worked perfectly. I only bought a new set to get a brand new keyboard, the old one got a hiding from 4 years of relentless coding.. and now I have to reset my mouse every few minutes.

Im pretty sure the drivers would be compatible, if not exactly the same to what I had working for the previous set so I'm thinking it's a hardware issue.. mouse is farked. That's only my thoughts from what i've experienced so far.

Geezuz.. by this point of my typing/explaining.. i had to reset it again! - ffs!!!

Shouldn't we be getting a replacement mouse / desktop set?

Very annoyed.

Check to see with Microsoft's website to get the latest drivers. If all of your drivers are up to date, contact their support on the matter. They should be able to help you get a fix to the situation.

While I was in device manager, I checked for an updated version of the driver.. I have the latest. On the box, it says Certified for Windows Vista.. I'm running Vista business. And it also mentions 3 bullet pointed 'awesome selling' features.

They are:

- Wireless freedom

- 3 Button Optical Mouse

- Easy Setup - No Software

spacesurfer :- I checked device manager to see what options I had, very little. Thanks for the suggestion.. looks like I may have to contact customer support as suggested for this one. I will post my findings/solution to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.. finally had the time to contact Microsoft.

They asked I contact where I brought it from, which I did and they offered an exchange. I swapped for another Wireless 700 desktop set and viola! -

Everything works per normal. Clicking the mouse now wakes it up. :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased the Desktop 700 combo, but I am too having mouse issues.

If I leave the mouse still for around 4-5 seconds, it goes into a half-sleep state and when I next move the mouse, it doesn't respond for the first fraction of a second, resulting in a very noticable jump and less movement than I expected.

If I move the mouse really quickly, then I can beat the sleepiness altogether and the pointer won't move at all.

Has anyone else experience a similar thing? Am I just getting what I deserve for cheap hardware, or is my mouse actually faulty?

• 2 months later...

If clicking your mouse doesn't wake it up, take it back for a new one as I did. This combo set seems to have some battery saving techniques, unlike it's predecessors. It now requires me to click my mouse to wake it up.. it then seems fine. If your's doesn't behave this way take it back. I did and this set now performs fine. I get very good battery life too.