SIF error: WinNTDirectories Value 0 Key 307 and $OEM$ folder

Windopain

I tried nLite for the first time, it looks like an amazing application but I have a few questions.

1. I am trying nLite to remove the "30 more minutes until installation is complete" that flashes in large red font after I first log in (Dell Media Center 2005 Reinstallation DVD). From what I can tell it installs Dell "bonus" junk and media center files (which I do not want anyway). Filenames like Emerald.exe, Notouch.exe, and several others as well as a "Bounus" directory are in the $OEM$ folder. I was hoping nLite would make an install DVD without these but even when I set it up for a custom Unattended install and selected an option which I thought was "do not copy $OEM$ folder" (I'll have to take a closer look the second time through), the $OEM$ folder was still copied in its entirety onto my new DVD... If it is just copying it and will not install anything from it, that's good enough I suppose!

2. When I first tried installing I recevied an error from my txtsetup.sif file:

WinNTDirectories Key 307 Invalid Value: 0.

I looked at the WinNTDirectories section and nothing jumped out at me, can someone more experienced take a closer look please? Let me know if a posting of the TXTSETUP.SIF file will help. I did include a copy of the WinNTDirectories portion of the TXTSETUP.SIF file.

One thing I have noticed is that the Dell Reinstallation CD txtsetup.sif has, as its first line under WinNTDirectories:

307 = dell\symmpi

The remainder of the Dell Reinstallation CD WinNTDirectories matches the nLite WinNTDirectories right up until the line

240 = ehome

That is where the Dell Reinstallation CD WinNTDirectories section ends although nLite includes 31 system32\mui\xxxx entries.

Thanks.

LAST_SESSION.INI

WinNTDirectories.txt

Edited by Windopain

I added the line from the Dell DVD file to the nLite file and things seem to work great. I also deleted the $OEM$ directory and saved almost 2 gigs off of the DVD that nLite burned... Not sure why it did not delete all that itself but the program rocks!

I added the line from the Dell DVD file to the nLite file and things seem to work great. I also deleted the $OEM$ directory and saved almost 2 gigs off of the DVD that nLite burned... Not sure why it did not delete all that itself but the program rocks!

nlite wont remove your oem directories itself, you have to remove it manually. However you could go to unattended setup and turn off the OemPreinstall. That will stop the $OEM$ folder from being copied to your HD from the CD, and stop everything in it from being installed too, however deleting it works better and saves space too!

• 11 months later...

Windopain, thank you! I cannot believe that I missed this post.

Bug is in the SCSI/RAID removal, if you use Dell OEM CD.

Gonna fix in the next update, probably 1.5 beta, until then either keep SCSI or add that line back to txtsetup.sif as the Windopain posted.