SiS drivers will not integrate!

Gantlett

Hi everyone

I have a computer I'm trying to install WinXP on and I can't seem to get Setup to recognize the SATA controller.

This is the motherboard.

I integrated the drivers into nLite, but WinXP Setup says it cannot find any hard drives connected to the computer.

I even went and bought a floppy drive after giving up on trying to integrate, and there's still a problem: Setup accepts the drivers in the driver loading stage and successfully recognizes the hard disk. But in the final stage, when I hit Enter to install Windows, it says it cannot find the file "SisRaid.sys" or any file that belongs to the driver in the floppy...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Could the diskette itself be damaged (it seems OK)? If so, how come Setup works in the first stage and fails in the second?

Thanks a lot,

Gant.

Edited by Gantlett

Are you sure you used it right, selected the exact controller type when prompted during integration?

If the answer is yes then for the integration please try the old nLite 1.0.1, you can find it at nliteos.com download page. It has older driver integration which may work for you then I will know what to change.

If doesn't work then the floppy, problem is Unattended. It's Windows issue, don't use unattended if you'll hit F6 and install driver from the floppy.

You can easily ensure that unattended won't run by deleting the i386\winnt.sif file in the folder before you make the ISO.

But try older nlite first, if you used 1.2.1 or 1.3 unsuccessfully.

The reason the error occurs when you go to install while using the floppy is because txtsetup.sif is looking for the file on the CD and it isnt there (which is why it is not loading during the f6 part when you dont use the floppy). use makecab to compress the sisraid.sys file, then look thru txtsetup.sif for sisraid.sys (you are looking for a line that has a bunch of commas on it), the first number after the equal sign is the folder it is trying to find that file in, so go back to the top of the file and do a search for that number. Once you find it under the winntdirectories section, copy the sisraid.sy_ file you made with makecab into that folder..

nuhi's method is definitely easier lol but i just figured i would give you some more info

Thanks a lot for your help, both of you! :)

Nuhi, I thought too that the problem might be because I was using the Unattended setup, but now I'm sure.

Speeddymon, I tried to take a look at the driver's txtsetup.sif for example, but after realizing I can't understand anything in it I gave up on trying to manipulate any file I don't absolutely understand. I will try your method if Nuhi's doesn't work.

I will try this tonight and report back.

Thanks again,

Gantlett.

Edited by Gantlett

OK -

All I did was delete the WINNT.SIF file from the ISO, burned it onto a disc, and it worked! :thumbup

Setup had no trouble reading the files from the diskette and everything just went smoothly.

Thank you very much - I really appreciate it! :rolleyes:

Gant.

Edited by Gantlett