AnyDvd Stamp reg value

liquidator87

Does anybody know how to correctly generate the "Stamp" value in the registry? This somehow controls the behaviour of the automatic updates and the popup menu at the windows start... when the Stamp is in the registry the menu doesn't show up when windows starts, and I can disable automatic updates with CheckUpdate Dword set to 0... if Stamp is not present the menu obviously pops up and the updates are enabled even if CheckUpdate is 0... help?

Does anybody know how to correctly generate the "Stamp" value in the registry? This somehow controls the behaviour of the automatic updates and the popup menu at the windows start... when the Stamp is in the registry the menu doesn't show up when windows starts, and I can disable automatic updates with CheckUpdate Dword set to 0... if Stamp is not present the menu obviously pops up and the updates are enabled even if CheckUpdate is 0... help?

I struggled with this one as well for a while, I used to just install the prog and export the reg entry with the stamp value, its always the same for the program version you install.

I finally found the string whilst looking at the properties for the main exe under the comments section, now I have an AutoIt script that installes the program and gets the comments value from the exe. It has worked about 99% of the time, v6.1.0.0 has the comments value but when the program is installed the number is different Stamp value = 20061226214244 comments value is 20061226214240. If you open the main exe with WinHex and search for the stamp value you can find it, so maybe the programmers set the comments value wrong.The only other sure way is to some how use AutoIt to search for the string if it is always at the same address but that is above me. If I get some free time I may have a look and do some reading unless someone knows how to read the hex values.

; Don't show a tray icon.
#NoTrayIcon

Dim $RegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings"
; Install the program.
RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\setup.exe /S")

; Delete the key to stop AnyDVD running at Windows Start Up.
RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "AnyDVD")

; Set the default region to Europe.
RegWrite($RegKey, "Code", "REG_DWORD", "2")

; Don't check for updates.
RegWrite($RegKey, "CheckUpdate", "REG_DWORD", "0")

; Set the language locale to English.
RegWrite($RegKey, "Locale", "REG_SZ", "en")

; Set the language locale to English.
;RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key", "Key", "REG_SZ", "")

; Write the "Stamp" value to make the settings stick.
RegWrite($RegKey, "Stamp", "REG_SZ", FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe", "Comments"))

; Remove the Desktop Icon.
FileDelete(@DesktopCommonDir & "\AnyDVD.lnk")

; Remove the Register AnyDVD icon from Start Menu Programs folder.
FileDelete(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Register AnyDVD.lnk")

I have managed to find a way to get the stamp value from the exe and the AutoIt script works with the latest version. If you want to register it just add your key code to the script file, if the program is in trial mode the settings are reset anyway.

Install.au3