is there any way to enable windows aero by registry

haloooo

Enabling Aero will not really help your sub-score. Aero Glass really needs a vid card that supports it, the major feature of Aero Glass is that it was designed to offload the graphics work to the vid card GPU and relieve the computer CPU of that burden thus freeing up the CPU and increasing responsivness of the OS and applications.

If your graphics sub-score is at 1.9 now and you don't have Aero basic or the glass theme as an option to select, or it did not install the default Aero Glass theme at Vista install, it may be most likely your vid card doesn't support Aero. Besides, Aero doesn't help increase your sub-score. After all, enabling the Aero Glass theme on un-supported vid cards may seem to work but actually the themes major feature, off loading to the GPU, isn't really going to work all that well even though it may seem like its working, and your still going to have a low sub-score. Think of it this way; Your sub-score is 1.9 right now with your computer CPU handling the graphics (because your not running Aero), what will happen to your score when Vista tries to offload the graphics to the GPU on the card that can't handle it now?

There are various reg mods on the internet to enable the Aero Glass theme on unsupported vid cards but I don't know personally if they will work with the RTM, I haven't tried them, but i've heard from others who tried them and had lots of problems. I would suggest a new vid card, or if a new vid card is not an option right now, run Vista with the classic theme. I would not recommend that you force Aero to work on an un-supported card by using reg tweaks.

hi

the windows say my graphics is 1.9 subscore

:(

i need help to add tweak that can enble windows aero

Edited by Spooky

It was something you could cheat on in beta versions, but the registry hacks do not work in RTM - you either have a video card capable of doing aero (or you're using VMWare workstation 6.0), or you don't get Aero and Vista Glass in RTM.

That registry hack was disabled by the RC2 build - it will not work on RTM, as I've already stated.

You sure? it was just changed to another location, and it even works on RTM builds. In beta1-2 and rc1 Vista you had to put it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. In RC2 and later it works only under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Same paths othervise..

EDIT: Forgot to mention, at least in RC2 when i tried it while back ago, i got only Bluescreens. Safe mode was the only way to recover (delete the reg values) as i had only single user. It might work with Older GFX drivers (NOTE: WINDOWS XP Drivers) on Nvidia, can't tell how it works with ATi drivers.

Edited by Kankipappa

Your saying you got this to work on RTM? Considering that those entries come from a .dll file that appeared around build 5231, and this .dll file did not make it into the RTM, and the entries are not in milcore.dll or other .dll/.exe files dealing with DWM, and are not called from any .dll/.exe dealing with DWM that I can find, i'm curious as to how you got them to work.

That registry hack was disabled by the RC2 build - it will not work on RTM, as I've already stated.

You sure? it was just changed to another location, and it even works on RTM builds. In beta1-2 and rc1 Vista you had to put it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. In RC2 and later it works only under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Same paths othervise..

EDIT: Forgot to mention, at least in RC2 when i tried it while back ago, i got only Bluescreens. Safe mode was the only way to recover (delete the reg values) as i had only single user. It might work with Older GFX drivers (NOTE: WINDOWS XP Drivers) on Nvidia, can't tell how it works with ATi drivers.

Edited by Spooky