nLite 1.3RC and 1.21, nlite.cmd fails to replace %SOURCE% with the dri

Raiker

Aside from others problems i have encountered while using nlite (like drivers that hang the installation in the "network config" part, and the mysterious case of the dissapearing My Computer icon/folder that i haven't been able to decipher yet) i found that the unnatended part of the setup which should run commands after the first log on, fails to do so: the first line of nlite.cmd which resides on WINNT\system32\ is:

for /f "tokens=3" %%i IN ('reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup /v "SourcePath" ^| findstr "REG_SZ"') do set SOURCE=%%i

if i run that line on cmd, i get: reg is not recognized as an intern or extern command, program or batch file (rough translation from my spanish setup feedback).

so, what is the problem? i can manually change it to the drive letter, but i'd like the automation...

is it limited to windows xp?

i found that w2k has no reg command by default it has to be installed...

edit3: since i have setup.exe from support/tools on the w2k cd, that installs the reg command, i will see if i can get HFslip to install it before nlite.cmd executes...

edit4: i made an add on for nlite/hfslip, and put it in the hfaao folder of hfslip, gonna see if that fixes it, yet i don't know which executes first, the add on setup or the nlite.cmd also don't know what to do to restore the My Computer folder/icon

Edited by Raiker