Still getting Advanced INF Install Error

Kagenryu

Hi Nuhi,

First off, I love this product and have been using it a number of years now. However, since version 1+ or so, and especially with 1.3RC, whenever I make an nLited XP CD (XP SP2 Slipstreamed with SATA Drivers, Unattended Mode Settings and Tweaks) I get during the Installing Windows screen a dialog box that says , "Advanced INF Install - could not locate INF file 'nLite.inf'." I also get the error twice on first logon. I get this everytime when I run the tweaks part of the nLite routine. Attached are the Last Settings.ini file for your perusal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :blushing:

Thanks!

Kage

Last_Session.ini

Your getting this wirh 1.3? I thought this problem was gone since 1.2 or at least 1.2.1.

Strange but I dont integrate drivers maybe thats it.

While this is the first time I have integrated the drivers (I was still getting it before 1.3), I tried it without the drivers and I get the same thing. Whenever I apply Tweaks is when it happens. :huh:

Kage

Weird. I'll try your setup but did you use any other tool besides nlite and how?

I originally just used nLite. Then I also incorporated RVM Updates in previous builds, but went back to just nLite when I was receiving this error. Please note I did not get this error with versions previous to v1.0. For testing purposes of this build I have only used nLite. I get the error everytime I run Tweaks. I haven't figured out which one does it, or if it is simply just using Tweaks and/or Unattended Setup (from within nLite). If you need more information from me, let me know!

Thanks,

Kage

Ok. And just to get this of my chest do you use it on the clean source, meaning it's freshly copied original CD, not some tweaked before by nlite or anything?

I use a Windows XP SP2 CD and everytime I run nLite I re-copy the ISO to a folder to start fresh. I have also done this on two separate machines to make sure I didn't do something weird on one machine to possibly corrupt nLite. I also have uninstalled the program a few times and gone back to previous versions (1.0 and higher) and had the same results.

Thanks,

Kage

This is simply weird.

Do you have the nlite.in_ file in the i386 folder of the problematic setup?

Also check the txtsetup.sif file for nlite.inf entry, please paste it.

Oh and one last question, do you boot from a CD or run a winnt(32).exe?