Windows XP OEM Kit with specific country?

SIRCOOKS

I have just bought a windows xp pro os w/sp2 OEM installation kit,and noticed that on the front it says "Licensed for distribution only to specific countries within Latin America". What does this mean for me who lives in the Bahamas? I searched the internet and found a few others, and some say the US & Canada some say EU...can anyone tell me whats the difference? Is it functionality, is the one i have any less or more sophisticated, i would like to know before i install and get screwed. Holla back

Happy New Year, Sircooks,

I would have to assume that if Microsoft wrote special versions of windows for different countries,

it would most likely be because they use different keyboards, symbols, etc.

The latin keyboard probably has all those letters with things on top of them and of course the upside down question mark.

The UK keyboard would have the English Pound symbol, etc.

If you're using a keyboard with American (US) letters on it, you would probably want the US version of windows.

Does that help any?

Cheers!

Andromeda43 :ph34r:

I have just bought a windows xp pro os w/sp2 OEM installation kit,and noticed that on the front it says "Licensed for distribution only to specific countries within Latin America". What does this mean for me who lives in the Bahamas? I searched the internet and found a few others, and some say the US & Canada some say EU...can anyone tell me whats the difference? Is it functionality, is the one i have any less or more sophisticated, i would like to know before i install and get screwed. Holla back

I think that the Bahamas are (or should it be "The Bahamas is") in MS's West Indies region and not in their Latin America region. Once and end-user purchases a product they may use it anywhere so you shouldn't have any problems activation or using it.

How is an end user supposed to know if their "specific country within Latin America" is on the list of "specific countries within Latin America"?