Can I do this?

Hi,

I'm newbie in unattended installations and I have read a lot of post this forum but I still don't know if I can to do next:

I have a big client and I install it a lot of new machines with this software:

- Microsoft Windows XP

- Microsoft Office

- Adobe Reader

- Nero

- Winrar

and wallpaper with his logo.

Can I create a unatteded installation with all software and his logo?

I don't see any post where explains me how to integrate all this software?

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much and a happy new year!!!

Hello redprive:

Welcome to MSFN :hello:

While both...cyprod, Marthax were right because most new members just jump to a question without search before post.

But I think you will not like the answer the same way all new member do (Actually I did not like the answer I've received for my 1st post asking about something here without searching before post :) )

So...I'm in the mode now and have a little time to go through things with you now, ok!

1st of all you determine if you will use the XP CD source as it or you will reduce its size!?

if you will reduce the source size, you will need a tool to do so like nLite (see my signature), and you will need to read all comments for every thing to see if you will need or not, and you are much highly advised to read this topic to know what to keep or remove HERE

and sure you can use it as the way it is, and you can use nLite to create answer file that will lead setup process or you can use the reference HERE

next step will be the software you install regularly like:

- Microsoft Office ... you can follow detailed steps HERE

- Adobe Reader ... here is a great work for Ryan HERE which is a switch less installer

- Nero ... I do not know if you want to install it completely or you may want to use a lite version but the switch will be the same which is

/SILENT /NOREBOOT

and to enter register information you can use the registry key as follow

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"User"="user name here"
"Company"="company name here"
"Serial"="serial here"

and do not forget to left a blank line after you finish the .reg file

- Winrar ... the switch is

/S

so now you will need a tool or a way to let you install these applications directly or silently as it supposed to be called, for my self I prefer WPI (see signature).

later on you can choose the logo and follow steps here and you will put oeminfo & oemlogo under the

$OEM$\$$\System32

Also you may need to create a professional setup screen for your client using WinntbbuED

That is a good start and for sure you will add good things later on when you find your way out!

Hope this help B) ... do not forget to use search next time ;)