Install issues with XP MCE 2005

Hello all.

I'm new to this forum but I though I might ask for a few advices.

I'm trying to install Win XP MCE on a new machine I just built but I am having issues:

I am missing a RAID driver and Windows Installer won't show me the HD RAID setup. I have DL the appropriate DL Driver but don't have a floppy to upload during the install... So, I have tried using nLite to create a bootable Win MCE CD while including the correct driver but without much success.

1 - The Intel RAID Controller driver doesn't have an .inf file I can choose from

2 - Win XP MCE contains 2 CDs. nLite requests to load both CD 1 and CD 2 during the slipstream CD setup process and resulting into an nLite ISO file larger than a CD can contain and therefore won't burn via Nero :(

So my questions are:

A - How can I create a bootable WIN MCE CD that integrates a driver that doesn't have a .inf or .sys file in it while using nLite?

B - How can I burn a bootable WIN MCE ISO File that is larger than a normal CD can support?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Happy new year! :D

you can probably extract the driver using 7zip or winrar

right click the exe and extract it to a folder

-remove some junk from your mce disc (like unrequired languages and keyboards, msn explorer, windows upgrade + manual install), will soon come down to 700mb, mine is 100mb and is fully functional for what i do

Edited by bledd

Actually I found The intel chipset driver in the ASUS motherboard CD. I can probably take it from there.

I'll try cleaning up the MCE junk to make it "lighter". In case I am removing functionalities I later need, would I be able to reload them from the orginial MCE CD?

many thanks for your help!