Microsoft Office 2007 wont Install

bseos

I have tried multiple times to install Microsoft Office 2007 on my computer which is running the new Windows Vista Ultimate OS but it keeps failing to install OneNote.en-us\OnoteLR.cab. It keeps saying that OnoteLR.cab is an invalid install file. I tried installing it on my other computer running windows XP Pro and it installed fine on XP.

Does anyone know whats wrong.

Thanks for your help.

PS: I will post a screen shot of the error.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2931/officeerror3iv2.png

I have also tried skipping the installation of OneNote but it still asks for the file. I dont think that file is really corrupt or invalid because like i said it worked on my XP Pro computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I am running vista ultimate and am also having trouble with office 2007. I got it installed, but the problem I have is that not all of the programs within the office suite will run. They crash shortly after launching the application. I'm starting to think there is a problem with Vista Ultimate and may roll my install to a different version of Vista.

Installed and works fine on my Vista Ultimate.

have you guys disabled any services like the Installer service, UAC? Are you trying to install it on a beta of Vista? Which version of Office 2007 is this? Try installing it logged in as the actual Administrator.

I am running vista ultimate and am also having trouble with office 2007. I got it installed, but the problem I have is that not all of the programs within the office suite will run. They crash shortly after launching the application. I'm starting to think there is a problem with Vista Ultimate and may roll my install to a different version of Vista.
Edited by Spooky

• 1 month later...
Installed and works fine on my Vista Ultimate.

have you guys disabled any services like the Installer service, UAC? Are you trying to install it on a beta of Vista? Which version of Office 2007 is this? Try installing it logged in as the actual Administrator.

Nah, the problem was in the copy of Office 2007. I guess it was a bad copy. When i installed off a new/other CD of Office 2007 it worked fine.

But what i dont understand is how the corrupted one manged to install on xp???

Nah, the problem was in the copy of Office 2007. I guess it was a bad copy. When i installed off a new/other CD of Office 2007 it worked fine.

But what i dont understand is how the corrupted one manged to install on xp???

Dirty lens in DVD-ROM?

• 1 month later...

Office 2007(enterprise) is running quiet smoothly on my vista business edition..... :whistle:

Edited by vkv1985